Strainrite’s Glass-Pleat, Absolute-Rated Microglass Depth filter cartridges, utilize a high surface area and high void volume media, incorporating microglass fibers in a uniform matrix that optimizes element flow rate and service life unattainable by other microfiber technologies.
This revolutionary microfiber matrix optimizes pore size geometry required to offer absolute-rated filtration performance. Strainrite’s non-calendared microglass cartridges exhibit significantly reduced resistance to flow when compared to similarly rated microfiber technologies. These cartridges are an excellent choice for filtering beverages such as beer and wine, as they do not remove flavor enhancing proteins.
Our materials of construction meet or exceed the requirements of the
CFR 21 for Food and Beverage contact. Strainrite offers elements that utilize an epoxy binder providing these microglass depth cartridges with an increased range of applications where chemical compatibility is critical.
- Absolute-rated media provides reliable pore size control, resulting in repeatable filtration performance
- Non fiber-releasing materials with minimal extractables, providing high purity filtrate
- Low pressure drops yield higher flow rates and reduced processing time
- Maximized pleat design, coupled with non-calendared Micro-Glass matrix, offers greater surface area, ensuring longer service life, fewer change outs and reduced operating costs per cartridge
- Industrial grade utilizes an epoxy binder, FDA grade utilizes an acrylic binder
- Thermally bonded construction eliminates particle bypass