2.5” diameter, Beer and Wine
Strainrite’s Glass-Pleat G, Nominally Rated Microglass Depth Filter Cartridges, utilize a high surface area and high void volume media, incorporating microglass fibers in a uniform matrix that optimizes element flow rate and service life unattainable by other traditional microfiber technologies. This revolutionary microfiber matrix optimizes pore size geometry required to offer beta rated filtration performance.
Strainrite’s non-calendared microglass cartridges exhibit significantly reduced resistance to flow when compared to similarly rated microfiber technologies. These cartridges are an excellent choice for filtering beverages such as beer and wine, as they do not remove flavor-enhancing proteins.
Our FDA grade cartridges meet or exceed the requirements of the 21 CFR 177 for food and beverage contact. Strainrite also offers elements that utilize an epoxy binder providing an increased range of applications where chemical compatibility is critical.
- Beta rated media provide reliable pore size control resulting in repeatable filtration performance
- Non-fiber releasing materials with minimal extractables provide high purity filtrate
- Low pressure drops yield higher flow rates and reduced processing time
- Maximum pleat design coupled with non-calendared Micro-Glass matrix offers greater surface area, ensuring longer service life, less downtime and reduced operating costs per cartridge
- Industrial grade utilizes an epoxy binder, FDA grade utilizes an acrylic binder
- Thermally bonded construction eliminates particle bypass