Strainrite’s MPE was developed for the filtration of process fluids that require a high degree of particle retention and/or constant bacterial barrier for effective sterilization.
Hydrophilic asymmetric polyethersulfone membrane ensures excellent flow rates, broad chemical compatibility, low protein binding, low extractability, high mechanical strength and temperature resistance in a variety of applications for the biopharmaceutical, microelectronics, chemical, food and beverage industries.
These cartridges meet USP Biological Reactivity Test, in vivo for class VI-121°C plastics. Sterilizable using industry recognized and accepted methods.
- High surface area membrane offers excellent life and flux rates, while providing absolute-rated filtration
- Absolute-rated membrane provides reliable, consistent and repeatable filtrate quality
- Low pressure drops yield higher flow rates and reduced processing time
- Non fiber-shedding Polyester and Polypropylene support materials eliminate fiber migration
- Low hold-up volumes
- Pleat design for greater surface area, ensuring longer service life, fewer change outs and reduced operating costs per element
- Thermally bonded construction without the use of adhesives or binders, resulting in lower extractables
- Integrity tested
- High strength design allowing for extended use and multi-autoclave cycles
- All materials of construction are FDA compliant with CFR Title 21, Pharmaceutical grades are bio-safe in accordance with USP Class VI
- Optional built-in pre-filter layer for extending membrane life and reducing filtration costs